We run social rides every Sunday from Bolsover Cenotaph. There are four grades of rides based on speed and distance, to provide something for everyone, with a mix of hilly and flat rides alternating week by week.
Start times of all SUNDAY RIDE groups return to as follows from the Cenotaph in Bolsover:
- BLACK – 8:00 AM
- RED, BLUE, GREEN/SOCIAL – 9:00 AM
See latest updates on homepage.
The grades are:
- Green – This is the Sunday Social Ride, riding 20-35 miles at a 10-14mph average depending on the rolling nature of the ride. Steady ride to welcome all riders.
- Blue – 35-45 miles with a 15mph average for flat rides, slower for hilly rides.
- Red – 40-50 miles with a 16-17mph average for flat rides and 14-15mph for hilly rides.
- Black – The fast group. 60-70 miles with an average of 15mph+ on the hills and 17mph+ on a flat.
If you want to ride with us and have not done so before come and say hello on our club Facebook page or drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The weekly routes are published to the club Facebook page on a Thursday evening. They are also available via the calendar.
Sunday Road Ride Routes
The routes below are graded by difficulty with our Chilli system and whether the route is flat (less than 1,000 ft of climbing) or hilly (more than 1,000 ft of climbing). The routes are organised to allow progression as your fitness improves. Download routes from Strava by clicking on the links. We are still improving the routes based upon rides so please do not bulk download to your Garmin or Wahoo as the routes may change slightly over time.
Each week’s rides will be announced on the B&DCC Facebook group.